- Born in Poland in 1922 to a family of Alexander Chassidim in the city of Radomsko, near Lodz. Had 2 sisters.
- Yeshiva Bachur—learned in Kesser Torah Yeshivas in Radomsk and Crackow
- Sept.1, 1939—was 17
- Sept, 1939-Oct.,1942-in Radomsko ghetto near Lodz
- Oct. 1942—July, 1944—in Skarzysko Kamienna Work Camp(worked in ammunition factory)—Kielce, Radom
- July, 1944—Aug, 1944—Buchenwald Concentration Camp
- Aug,1944—April, 1945—Schlieben Ammunition Factory—Leipzig, Germany
- Death March from Leipzig to Nixdorf in Czechoslovakia
- May 8, 1945—Liberated by Russians
- Spent 3 months in Berlin and was "The Jew who slept in Hitler's Bunker."
- Dec, 1945—ran to the American Zone in Weiden, Bavaria till Dec, 1949
- Dec, 10, 1949—arrived in NY