- Born in 1918 in a small provincial town near Lodz to Yehuda and Rachel. Had 5 siblings (1 died before the war). Father was a tanner.
- In 1920 moved to Krosniewice. Went to Cheder—principal of school was Rabbi Yankielewitz who left for Israel in the mid 1930's. (In 1948 he became a member of the Knesset.)
- 1939—Jews put into Ghetto and father was taken away
- Escaped from Ghetto in 1942, went through the Lodz ghetto and arrived in Piotrkow Trybunalski. Registered with the Judenrat. Staioned in a glass factory near the fence and found notes thrown from the trains going to Treblinka. The notes were from 4 of his family members.
- In the camp Kara in Piotrkow Trybunalski till Nov. 1944.
- Sent to Buchenwald.
- Volunteered to go to Reinsdorf near Leipzig, Germany.
- Allied bombardment and I escape into the forest.
- Captured and sent to Austria—to the camp Litmorice
- Marched to Theresienstadt.
- Liberated on May 8,1945.
- Bergen Belsen DP camp.
- July, 1946 come to NY.