- Born approximately Chanukah 1909 in Lubcza, Poland which is near Novardok.
- At age 7 went to live with brother since there was no melamed in his town to teach him.
- Went to Mir Yeshiva Ketana.
- Then went to Yeshiva in Slonim.
- After that he learned in Radun until the death of the Chofetz Chaim.
- He once told his son, he baked matzah with the Chofetz Chaim the last year of his life (probably hundred when he was in Radin).
- He then went to the Mir with a dozen other bochurim and followed with the Mir—(Sugihara) through Russia to Kobe to Shanghai.
- Came to America with the Mir went to Bais Hatalmud taught at Salant in the Bronx, now SAR and taught in MTA for a little and then Riets.
- His semicha is from R. Lazer Yudel Finkel of the Mir. I hope this was helpful.