- Born in Jaworzno, Poland (near Auschwitz)- family was Orthodox.
- She was 8 years old when the war broke out.
- Family moved to the uncle at Mielec because they lived near the border and was afraid.
- In 1942 in that town the Nazis burned the man inside the synagogue and took the young for a labor force and then to Auschwitz.
- When the Nazis caught the family, she run away. She was 11.
- Her sister was called for the labor force but her brother went instead of her. He was 15.
- During the Judenrien, 3 sisters went into hiding. They escaped to Sosnowiec and survived for one year in the ghetto.
- In 1943 they were sent to Auschwitz.
- Dr. Mengele sent the sisters to the line going to be gassed. She and another sister ran from the line to the other one. Both her and her sister caught Typhus. She was sent to the infirmary and eventually was the only survivor from there. That happened because the guard said that she was her sister.
- Mengele sent her again to be gassed and the guard told her to beg for her life. She spoke to him in German. At that moment, there was bombing and he was afraid and took her off the list. This is the only time he did something like that.
- She was in coma when the Russian army got close. She was sent to a Death March with fever and Typhus. The Nazis were about to shoot her because she couldn’t walk but a woman carried her.
- They arrived to Germany to Ravensbruck on May 1945 and moved to Neustadt-Gleve, where she was liberated.
Auschwitz / Birkenau
http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/ put Mengele in the search