- Born December 24, 1926 in Warsaw, Poland.
- Second youngest of 5 siblings. Father was a tailor.
- Older brother and sister went to Russia before the war and an uncle went to Sweden.
- David, his parents and younger siblings were forced into the Warsaw ghetto after Nazis invaded Poland in 1939.
- Took part in the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising in 1943.
- Transported to Flossenberg concentration camp where he worked with sheet metal to make arms for the German army.
- Liberated in 1945 by U.S. infantry troops.
- After the war, immigrated to Palestine.
- Fought in War of Independence in 1948 and Sinai Campaign in 1956.
- Did not find out that his older brother and sister survived until 1958.
- British friends helped him place an ad in a Jewish paper to search for his relatives.
- Received a letter from his brother and sister who survived and were living in New York.
- Immigrated to the U.S. to live with his family in 1958.