- Born in Simmern, Germany on December 18, 1922.
- Before the war, his father was a successful cattle dealer
- In 1941, his family moved to the Riga ghetto in Latvia. He stayed in this ghetto until 1943.
- In 1943, Henry was transported to the Kaiserwald Concentration Camp. This was a work camp
- In July 1944, he was evacuated and sent to the Stutthof Concentration Camp.
- Henry was in Buchenwald Concentration Camp.
- Then he went to the Magdeburg camp where he was liberated by the Soviet Army.
- He met Margit many years earlier in the ghetto and found out that she was alive.
- Margit and Henry got married.
- They were in a displaced persons camp near Brayman and immigrated to the United States in 1951.